Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gamification in Education


So after watching the video Gamification in Education I think that the whole doing games in class is a great idea. To have to gain XP for grades is better than getting a letter grade for every assignment that you do. Personally I probably would have learned more in high school with this way of learning than with having to do games and communicate with my other classmates, and I’m sure that most of the other people I went to school with would have like that their grade would go up if others were doing well on their XP. Also it could help the teachers more so they wouldn’t have to grade as much papers and not having to waste so much paper to pass out to every student many times a day. It would benefit not just the students but the teachers as well and it could be nice for those teachers to know that their students are actually learning something in their classes. And it would be nice as a student to understand what the teacher is trying to teach you. With so much technology now a days we should be bringing it into the class more to help learn.

4 comments:

  1. Well first I really like what you did with your blog, it looks very original and easy to read. Now with the whole gamification in education, I also believe this is a good idea. Because it will make students want to do there homework, and it is also making sure they interact with there classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Gamification in Education is a great way for students to do assignments. I'm surprised that this technology wasn't used in high schools first. IT is a much more relatable way( for high school students especially) to learn. I think we would see a big increase in the number of students graduating high school if way of learning was adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree, I would say that most high school students would benefit from a class set up like this. It is a good way to keep them interested and they can do bare minimum to pass, or if they really like the class they can go above and beyond and get the recognition they deserve. It is a way to show creativity and gives the student a chance to work at their own pace and maybe find something new that they really enjoy doing. I think that you brought up another great point by stating that it cuts down on paper and allows the teacher more time to teach and less time grading papers! Great blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete